Thursday, December 21, 2017

Four Calling Birds

Cardinal

Christmas is almost here!  There are Christmas songs being sung, gifts being bought, and our families to think about.  At this time of year, when I think of the word "calling" I think of the words from the song The Twelve Days of Christmas:  Four calling birds.

What is a calling bird?  A quick internet search tells me there are a lot of other people who have this same question.  However, instead of focusing on what bird was originally in the song and when the lyrics were changed, I'd rather think about birds calling to each other.  

There are days when, after I've gotten my daughter on the bus and I'm walking back home, in the stillness of the morning I listen to the birds tweeting and chirping.  It's when I hear certain chirps from two different birds right after each other that I recognize a conversation is taking place.  It's a beautiful thing to hear.

So, as we gather to celebrate Christmas this year, my challenge to those reading this post is to follow the example of the calling birds and take time to listen to each other.  Listen to what is being said and then engage in a conversation together.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! This is my first visit to your blog!
    We are a team of volunteers and starting a new project in a
    community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails